- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Excellent, effective communication skills, including:
- verbal, written, listening and presentation skills
- ability to engage and successfully interact with the client and project team at all levels
- Consulting and client/project team relationship-building skills
- Strong technical background
- Ability to establish oneself as a trusted advisor to client, project team and PowerPlan Inc colleagues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adhere to a firm’s methodology
- Skilled in MS Office Suite
- Willingness to travel, on average, up to 80%
- One-three (1-3) years experience implementing enterprise software applications in a client-facing consultant role
- Experience in more than one phase of the implementation process
- Experience with utilizing a robust implementation methodology
- History of increasing responsibility or upward progression
- Experience with implementing key enterprise applications, including ERP, EAM, CRM and Maximo
- Specifically regarding ERP implementations, working knowledge of financial accounting processes (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Project Accounting, Close, Budget)
- Understanding of system and network architecture, system platforms, system access, data models, database design, SQL queries, and network protocols
- Experience with some of the advanced functions of Excel, including functions, macros, and pivot tables
- Process orientation, and ability to analyze and design/build complex processes
- Hands-on experience working on or with capital projects, capital budgets and fixed asset accounting, or business tax software
- Property Tax or Income Tax expertise within an enterprise business
- Industry experience within oil and gas, mining, transportation, natural resources, utilities, energy markets or telecomm
Competencies are specific behaviors that relate to a set of skills and abilities that are critical for employees to be successful in their position. The competencies for a Consultant are as follows:
- Attention to detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Customer focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Data gathering and analysis: Collecting, consolidating, and using relevant information; recognizing important information; tracing possible causes of problems, and searching for practical data/solutions.
- Problem solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
“PowerPlan is an EOE”